As an Assistant Fund Manager – Fixed Income Funds, you will work closely with the fund managers and with other departments to drive fund performance, compliance, and relationship management with external stakeholders. This will support the management and growth of our investment portfolios.
- Forecasting interest rates, which includes assessing underlying variables like inflation, currency fluctuations, and current account deficits that have an influence on monetary policy choices.
- Assess macroeconomic factors’ possible effects on the performance of fixed income funds by analyzing them, since this will give you useful information for making decisions.
- Assist in choosing the best asset allocation and securities selection techniques by matching them to the goals, benchmarks, restrictions, and risk profiles of the funds.
- Work with Primary Dealers and Fixed Income Brokers, such as the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), to get competitive pricing for corporate and governmental securities.
- Maintain a good professional relationship with the banks to secure a better deposit rate across all funds.
- Periodically perform credit evaluations of securities within the portfolio to monitor and control overall credit risk exposure.
- Effectively participate in the auction of Federal Government securities as and when required.
- Monitor and invest cash flows resulting from client subscriptions and redemptions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- Candidates pursuing CFA, CA, and ICMA are highly encouraged to apply.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant industry experience.